RMSS is a Christian peer support group for friends and family of homicide victims. Yikes! Who would want to belong to such a group? The answer is no one wants to ever belong to such a group. It is a fate that chooses us and we are a growing number. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC), in 2016 the estimated number of murders in the U.S. was 19,362. This number has been on the rise in the U.S. since 2000. According to the CDC, deaths per 100,000 for the years 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015 and 2016 were: 9.0; 9.7; 8.4; 9.1 and 9.9, respectfully.
RMSS is a place for homicide survivors (HS) to go for support, encouragement, healing, and work toward social betterment. RMSS will meet each HS wherever she/he is in their individual healing journey and then begin walking alongside her/him toward full restoration.
RMSS incorporates writing, visual art and music as tools for moving forward in the healing process. Members do not need to have experience in any of these creative areas, only an interest in at least one of the three and teachable heart.
RMSS is a positive, nurturing place to go if you…
- Are the family member or friend of a loved one that was murdered.
- Your heart is often touched by written words, visual arts and/or music.
- Are processing a large array of emotions and need a safe venue to sort them out with others going through similar experiences.
- Desire to hear Holy Spirit’s voice for yourself as an expression through writing/ journaling, visual arts and/or music.
- Are looking for a place to engage with other homicide survivors in a creative, empowering and Christ-centered way.
- Feel the murder has isolated you from others and need peers to walk alongside you during this difficult time.
- Are questioning why God allowed this to happen and you sometimes question the goodness of God.
- Are looking for something redeeming to come out of this bad situation.
- Have a desire to be led by the Spirit and live as a conqueror of the tragic event(s) but feel you have been knocked off balance.
- You fight bitterness as a result of the terrible incident and wish to become better.
- You desire to stand closer to God even though you sometimes feel distant from Him.
- You want to be an encourager, comforter and/or exhorter for others and the community now more than ever.
- You have a desire to work toward eliminating murder in our communities.
If some of these above listed items resonates with you, please join us at one of our FREE studio/support groups or contact us for more information. RMSS presently serves adults age 18 and older in the Colorado Front Range. Instruction takes place in a loving Christ-centered environment with a backdrop of the beautiful and inspiring Rocky Mountains. All adults are welcome as we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, disabilities, age or gender.
There is no cost to attend a studio/support group or be matched to an online mentor. Members are responsible for their own studio materials. Scholarships are available and oftentimes studio materials are donated.
Our support studio is located in the Denver metropolitan area. For more information on times and locations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-316-7491.